Friday, November 10, 2006

Critical awareness

In considering both the podcasts and some of the posts here I wanted to echo an interest in critical awareness of technology among students. Christian addresses some of the visual aspects that remind me of a conversation I had recently. The premise is something like this.

As an instructor I do not consider myself and expert in the variety of technologies students are interacting with. Considering that my knowledge and credentials focus on increasingly specific areas, how can I bring the type of critical awareness many of the readings this past week seem to encourage? In other words, do we need expertise to ask our students to explore various technologies in educational settings?

I think this question connects very well with some of the educational environment discussions we have had. For example, what type of classroom does the notion of expert instructor encourage? Just some of my thoughts. Going to post here soon with the link to the blog I mentioned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home